Saturday, August 16, 2008

In the beginning...

Am I band-wagoning? Seems like everybody I know has begun blogging, and so here I am, jumping on the ship way after everybody has already done it, but honestly, I have been mulling over a blog extension to my website: http://www.readtheletters.com/ (which, by the way, has been totally revamped from its original publishing) for well over 2 years. However, as is the case with a lot of things, I've simply been too lazy, distracted, or uninterested.

Well, the time has finally arrived, and here it is...the first post.

This is basically just an introduction to the blog, no real content, no great words of wisdom, and certainly no "here's what's going on in the life of Sean." I'm sure none of you cares too much about what I'm doing on a daily basis, which basically amounts to sleeping, eating, working, playing with kids, doing homework, attempting to be a husband, while also struggling to fit in a few moments of personal leisure here or there. Not too exciting, and certainly not the kind of thing that would generate much of a consistent readership.

So then, what will this blog be? Well, to be honest, first and foremost, it will be a simple attempt to generate buyers for my book, THE LETTERS. Is that wrong? Should I use a blog to generate business? Or, should it have a higher calling? A real purpose? Hmmm....

Okay, so I wasn't being 100% honest, although, deep-down, selling the remaining inventory of THE LETTERS is certainly a goal of mine in doing this blog; however, to be completely truthful, God has been tugging at my heart for over two years to share the little tidbits of wisdom He seems to like to give me at random times. I'm not sure why He feels compelled to bless me with some of the things He does, but He regularly does.

Maybe it's because I teach an adult Sunday School class, and He wants my classmates to hear His message through me. Maybe it's because He's blessed me with some sort of talent for the written word, and He thinks I'll somehow share that with the world in some way. Maybe it's to share with my kids as they grow, develop, and mature. Maybe it's none of that, and I'm totally delusional about His even giving me divine wisdom. Who knows?

I do know this though...at least most of the time, I feel blessed by what I believe is truly God-given pieces of wisdom. Whether it is or not, I guess I'll leave that up to you to decide over the next few days, weeks, months, or...God-willing, years.

So, as Stephen King likes to describe his readership..."Faithful Reader," it will all depend on you, so check back regularly, and if you feel so driven or compelled, post a comment and let me know if I'm delusional or not.

And, as always, please check out:
http://www.readtheletters.com/

The INVENTORY BLOWOUT sale is in full force, and you can now get your AUTOGRAPHED COPY of my first novel, THE LETTERS, for 60% off the cover price. Just use our secure paypal shopping cart.

I look forward to our future blog relationship!!


God bless,



Sean Hanzelik

5 comments:

W said...

Brother, I'm honored to be your first comment. I know you've been busy working really hard to keep food in your family's mouths in this difficult economy. I know you are involved in a bunch of extra-curricular activities with church, family, and self. There isn't much time to do anything other than what is necessary to live and pay the bills.

But when I saw your email and read your blog and looked over your new website that has an excerpt from "The Eulogy", I got excited. Finally, you have started working on your calling again. I knew it was just a matter of time.

"The Letters" was a great book. "The Eulogy" will be great as well. I know this because it has a purpose that is bigger than you just like "The Letters" does.

Not that you need my advice, but just remember that all these other responsiblities and duties that consume your time will fall into place even if you spend lots of time on your book.

I can't wait to read the new book. This is the first time I've even been excited about a book coming out. I'm not much of a reader but I am a "faithful reader" of yours.

Keep up the blog and I like the new design on the website.

Your words inspire me to discover my faith more. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Ryan, thank you for your kind words. It's easy to get off course, or distracted, or lazy.

It's time to get these books out there!!!

Anonymous said...

You are definately delusional :) but not about the wisdom stuff. Go for it dude. It's time for the angst filled genius to let this story out! ...fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you... For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. 2 Tim. 1:6-7

Anonymous said...

Bill, I have to say I wouldn't have even gotten back to this point without your prayers and support. I thank you kindly, and ask that you continue to pray for my motivation, desire, and drive, and I ask that you pray for blessing for "The Letters".

A said...

Well, all I can say is: Welcome! I will certainly be keeping up with your blog.
Good luck